View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 09:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
adywhu

Hi Newbie here wanting advice.

Hi everyone,

Originally posted this in the Newcomers thread, probably better here as my Anxiety is so high and I am struggling to cope

Been a drinker for 20 years, also suffered panic and anxiety attacks on and off for last 16, basically I was prescribed meds for those, which would work, been on and off the same med until 3 years ago when I suffered extreme intrusive thoughts, so I came off them and started using booze as my medicine!! I then read about withdrawal seizures from alcohol and have basically had around 1 -1.5 bottles of wine each night, my wife thought I was using the withdrawal fear as an excuse (there may be some truth in that) but the only days I didn't drink was when I was poorly (I managed a whole 5 days a few months ago, no withdrawal symptons at all, but still started back on it.).

Around a month ago the panic attacks started again, and my days are basically in a state of panic, until I finish work have a glass of wine then start to feel normalish, however finally decided to go and see a doctor last week, she didn't give me meds but sent me to a drug and alcohol resource centre, and told me to have a liver function test.

Now I am absolutely terrified i will find I have severe liver damage or cancer which has set me to panic overload, I have to go to a group session at the centre tommorrow which I will go through with, then the blood tests on Friday which I am on the verge of cancelling out of fear, I walk about six miles per day, also take vitamin tabs especially for the liver, I eat and am overweight, but all this worry is making my life a misery for me and my family, just wondered if there was anyone out there with similar experiences?

Sorry to witter on like this!!

Ady