View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 05:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by sdi9285 View Post
I was having some trouble with that tonight, actually. Today is my day 7, and it's my first day completely off work. I didn't know what to do with myself, so I took a long bath and then came on here. I spent hours reading and just wrote an excessively long post. It's not the perfect solution, but it kept me from drinking.

I don't think taking it day by day will work for me in the long term, but until I find a good solution, that's what I'm doing. Just trying to keep myself occupied and reminding myself why I'm doing it.
as they say idle hands are the devils playground. I felt like i was going out of my mind. I'd find anything initially I started polishing things and then taking apart intricate things and cleaningt hem and put them together again then doing that over and over again to be sure i got every last detail cleaned and polished. It just passed the time.

Eventually i moved on to doing that and added in walking everytime i'd get antsy out the door i went for another walk. neighbors prolly thought i was nuts lol nope just an alcoholic nothing to see here lol.

I also read a lot of books and drank a lot of herbal tea.

I paced. I gritted my teeth and clenched my fists a lot too lol.

But the more the time passed the better it got. Just getting through 1 day at a time is the best way eventually it gets easier tho.