Thread: I miss Robby
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
bemyself

Agreed. Lately, I've been finding myself noticing where this year is at (calendar wise) because it's the last few months / weeks in the lead up to his death. I too visited the latter parts of Authenticity only a couple of days ago. It was, for me, probably the most deeply-felt and well, just huge, discussion amongst SR friends that I've been part of over four or more years of reading / participating in SR.

We gathered around Robby and Melissa in a journey which is (universally) totally normal for human beings - and yet it was full of individual reflections, for we each have to do life and then dying with whatever resources we have. And by gee, we gathered up A LOT. Music, poetry, philosophy, faith, despair...hilarity, irony, and just sheer old-fashioned gumption. I've never forgotten that period, and will never forget Robby.

I think he was also one of my very first PM friends on SR too. He never gave up on, nor dismissed, me when I'd relapsed. His consistent message was 'I have faith in you'. Now I'm practising having faith in myself.