View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
D122y
Blue Belt

Originally Posted by Thomas59 View Post
Thanks for that FreeOwl .
Heading towards 4 weeks sober I occasionally get waves of impending doom ,like a fear that starts in my groin and sweeps right over my head . This can happen for no apparent reason and leaves me weak at the knees . I have had problematic anxiety most of my adult life and used alcohol to get me out of it . Fortunately these fear , dread, gloomy episodes are few ( once maybe twice a day ) . If I get too tired and try to push on its not good for me but I'm finding it hard to relax for long , always finding another task to keep me occupied . Sleep is still not great ,waking up worried and panicky at all hours ,don't know why but use what ive learned on anxiety management to get through it .
Alcohol of course never was and never will be the answer .
I was raised by an abusive father. I also started to drink to get drunk when I was 5 years old. Long story. These things helped shape me into the anxious person I am today.

I bought the audio book..from Panic to power. It helped me.

Anxiety is nervous energy. It can be manipulated to help vs hurt.

Imo....Not drinking is critical to developing normalized feelings that we can grow into understanding over time.

Drinking or drugs changes our chemical balance making it impossible to deal w life as we are designed to do.

Thanks.