View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 11:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Originally Posted by Zufrieden View Post
Ah the dread...
Getting sober helped a lot with the "I'm causing my own demise" dread but so many other issues file in to my brain as replacements.
It's always been here with me but I'm trying to be circumspect about it by just acknowledging it and continuing on with my life.
Best to each of you.
J
Yes, I agree with this. For dread and so many other feelings. Acknowledge it, consider it as a point of interest (where do I feel it, what does it feel like, does it come in waves or is it starting little and growing bigger - almost a study of the thing) and then choose NOT to Velcro myself to it or become it's puppet. If I'm struggling not to do so, then I'll pray to my HP to remove it, and do the next best thing what ever that may be. Nowadays, I don't think of my feelings as being me, which is what I really did think for so many years. It's just a feeling. It is NOT part of me, and it will just pass. I can remember that i had so many intense emotions pass through over the years. Mostly I can't remember why or what they were exactly, because as much as the FELT like to they were really, really important and life threatening or life changing, actually they really really weren't. They just came and went, like trains in a station. I now know I don't have to jump in every train that passes through.