View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 06:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
August252015

I think you are wise to stop now! Don't let it get worse- tackle this problem, which you admit you have, at the stage where you are.

You admit you have a "dependence" and "are addicted" but you aren't sure you should never touch it again. Since those contradict each other, you will have to decide if the latter is indeed the case. Everyone comes to that decision themselves, if they need to - and the decision is either to stop, or not. No one amount of outside input can make this decision for you.

It is very painful and very costly to get to an extreme like I did- the choice of life or death. My story would take pages and pages to share (which, in fact, I have to do as an assignment from my AA sponsor) and everyone's is different.

Again, I suggest that you read on withdrawal and the physical process you asked about. I also suggest you go to AA and listen. See what you identify with in others' stories and thoughts and struggles.

Bottom line, IMO and IME if you think you are addicted, worry you are an alcoholic and feel that a change has to be made - it does.

Good luck.