View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
August252015

Good for making the tough decision to get started in recovery!

Everyone's detox/withdrawal/physical process is different. It might help to read up on what goes on - for me it help and still helps bolster my understanding of getting healthy. This is one good article (long and worth reading) - https://digital-dharma.net/post-acut...r-immediately/

I didn't find mornings worse, especially. My immediate process, really the first 4-6 weeks were tough and I had pretty much all of the classic effects: nightmares and night sweats, tremors, extreme exhaustion, difficulty eating and dehydration, cramps that moved through different parts of my body and such. I was a VERY heavy drinker so depending on your situation, consumption and just your body, your experience may be different. I spent a lot of time in drs offices - various kinds from my GP to my now liver dr to my psych- and focused on sleeping, getting on a regular eating path, drinking as much non-caffeinated beverage as I could and so on. I am at 105 days and feel SO much better - but it is a 1, 3,6, 12 mo to 2yr process of healing physically, per most literature, so I expect plenty of ups and downs.

Good luck and hang in there- getting through the physical is possible and will happen if you stick to it.