View Single Post
Old 06-04-2016, 01:06 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
jimmyc

Humbling post Gottalife. Thank you.

Went to the docs this morning - once I'd said about why i'm there (again) she almost instantly clicked on alcohol withdrawal. They prescribed the usual thyamine and vitamin b, but also chlordiazepoxide.... librium for you americans?? I've just taken my last dose for the day, only taking one at a time. It's really helping with the shakes and sweating, I also seem to be able to focus a bit more. Haven't had a drink today and, as I'm now in bed, feel safe and proud in the fact that I won't be having any more, just for today. Tomorrow will be a new day, some lovely weather forecast, so i'll be trying to keep busy. Wash the car, take my gorgeous dog out, tidy the place up a bit, might even offer to help with the sunday roast (you know.... all the things a 23yr old should already be doing...).

Sorry for my ramblings... Wish we could post diaries without having to be sober for a year. I'd like to be able to record my journey, to look back on it in harder times, but hey ho, that's life. Cheers guys.