View Single Post
Old 06-04-2016, 10:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
Hey Berry
He had a few, came home, but later went out and got trashed right? So that could cause the complete blackout. And how do you know he only had a few? Or how does he, really?

Vitamin B1 deficiency can really excel memory issues. Prolonged B1 problems and alcoholic dementia, wet brain, better known as Werneke's can ensue.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. What advice would you give someone here?
I know he only had a couple because if he'd had three he wouldn't have made it back (he's predictable like that).

I don't think I have any advise. To be honest, after 25 years together I know that nothing I say or do will make the blindest difference anyway. All I can do is deal with my own side of the street.

He's 'trying to cut down' (yeah, the delusion that it the possibility of moderation). He'll get there is he does, and won't if he doesn't. I was just interested in that memory thing, just because it's different to my own experience. I've told him it worries me and I think it's getting worse, and he disagrees, so that's that for now.

Thanks for your insight everyone. I'll try to get more B1 vitamins in the cooking somehow.