View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 11:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MissNewLife

Cool MissNewLife's Thread

Figured I'd try and find something to keep me accountable, and using this thread as a daily check-in and journal exercise could help

So today is day 3. How am I feeling? Ugh - lazy! And sleep deprived. I've been late the last 3 days to work because I just cannot force myself out of bed.

I'm overwhelmed at work right now - just feel like I have way too much going on and too many tasks pulling me in a million different directions.

Last night I got home from work and my whole plan was YES - RELAX - stay in bed and read recovery literature and have a good early sleep so I can actually get up on TIME the next day.

Read 1 chapter of the NA book, then woke up 2 hours later at 8 p.m. Basically went back to sleep for the rest of the night. Oh how productive! And my pets were so impressed with me for not giving them any attention all evening/night.... I'm sure.

It sounds like I'm being kinda negative right now. I guess I am. Maybe my body needed rest to recover from my last relapse - and it is what it is. I do feel healthier today, and I plan to hit a meeting tonight at 8 p.m.

I'm still lacking motivation. Whenever I come back from a relapse I feel like a deer on shaky legs and unable to trust myself to ever get sober - feel scared to even get my hopes up for a minute.

I need to find some daily rituals (starting with this thread) to keep me on the recovery track.

Will post again tomorrow.