View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 06:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
charx53

Here is a little something.

I found this when I went inpatient a few months ago. It really spoke to me and maybe it can help anyone out there struggling. I did not write it. I am almost two months sober.

-Charles

"I am more powerful than the combined armies of the world. I have destroyed more men than all the wars of the nations. I am more deadly than bullets. I have wrecked more homes than the mightiest of guns. I am the world's slyest thief; I steal millions of dollars each year. I spare no one, and I find my victims among the rich and poor alike. The young and the old, the strong and the weak. Widows and orphans know me. I loom up to such proportions that I cast my shadow over every field of labor. I lurk in unseen places, and I do most of my work silently. You are warned against me, but you heed not. I am relentless. I am everywhere- in the home, on the street, in the factory, in the office, and on the seas. I bring sickness, degradation and death, yet few seek to avoid me. I destroy, crush, or maim. I give nothing, but take all. I am your worst enemy. I am alcohol."