Notices

Here is a little something.

Old 05-31-2016, 06:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here is a little something.

I found this when I went inpatient a few months ago. It really spoke to me and maybe it can help anyone out there struggling. I did not write it. I am almost two months sober.

-Charles

"I am more powerful than the combined armies of the world. I have destroyed more men than all the wars of the nations. I am more deadly than bullets. I have wrecked more homes than the mightiest of guns. I am the world's slyest thief; I steal millions of dollars each year. I spare no one, and I find my victims among the rich and poor alike. The young and the old, the strong and the weak. Widows and orphans know me. I loom up to such proportions that I cast my shadow over every field of labor. I lurk in unseen places, and I do most of my work silently. You are warned against me, but you heed not. I am relentless. I am everywhere- in the home, on the street, in the factory, in the office, and on the seas. I bring sickness, degradation and death, yet few seek to avoid me. I destroy, crush, or maim. I give nothing, but take all. I am your worst enemy. I am alcohol."
Old 05-31-2016, 06:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Powerful stuff. Too bad they didn't tell us that growing up. Or maybe they did, and we just didn't listen.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bluedog97 View Post
Powerful stuff. Too bad they didn't tell us that growing up. Or maybe they did, and we just didn't listen.

I looked up that quote on google and came across several newspapers online from 1917-1918 or around there. Words were changed. And instead of it being "I am alcohol" it was instead "I am carelessness". Interesting, I thought.