Old 05-30-2016, 03:10 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Babescake

Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
This week was a sure way to test my sobriety. Everywhere i went there was alcohol and almost gave in to relapse. The only thing that held me back was my will power, but i did put myself into some tempting situations like going to a club on Friday.

I guess im just trying to keep my mind occupied. It so much that i could do since my license is still suspended and my only means of entertainment is the gym.

Me and my female friend are taking it one day at a time. She has two kids and alot of responsibility. Me on the other hand, im single, going through a transformation and braking destructive habits that i picked up in the last 15 years. I need to focus on me and always make myself a priority.

It sucks that she invited me to her friends house that is 1 hour away from were i live and i had to declined due to my license but she knows and understands my situation. I don't know what Im getting myself into but i will take it slow, work with her on my terms and not let her brake my routine.

Thank you !
I agree with what Dee posted above me. I also think you need to take this relationship slow. Not just for you, but for the children of the woman you met. They don't deserve to be around someone that drinks. I'm stating this as someone with a child, and trying to get sober myself. It's hard enough for kids to see their parents in relationships outside of their mom/dad. Don't bring your issues into the mix. I know you won't do it purposely, but just like alcohol, it could sneak in easily. It is great you have a good length of sobriety time laid out already. I just hope you can make it continue. Though I give you applause, you made it through some hard times so that was a good test. Keep working and I'm sure you can serve as a great role model in the future. Adding kids is always a complicated mixture.