Thread: 22 years old
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2016, 08:51 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  
TorchedGrave

TG, this thread will dry up like dust, and you go ahead and keep feeding it with your own posts. In the end, day in and day out you will be responding to your own ideas and thoughts. I have no issue with that .
Neither do I.

Unfortunately, I think the reality is that you will be the only one posting on this forum.
Again, I don't care. I'm sure there are people, like me, who read and enjoy others' stuff from behind the curtain. Just because ten people respond to my thread doesn't mean that there are only ten people benefitting. There could be another hundred million who simply read my stuff for their own inspiration. It's just impossible to know.

REGARDLESS,

To get to the true heart of the matter, I'd like to say that this whole thing started by me explaining that the reason I don't contribute to others' threads is because I spend too much time on the computer as it is. It wasn't until someone insinuated that the reason I don't is because I'm selfish that I started to challenge that idea. Whether I'm selfish or not (not disputing that) is really not why I don't post on others' stuff.

Further, you'd see that, excluding the past 2-3 days as being the exception, I typically don't even bother updating my own posts. Maybe one to two sentences here or there, and very typically not much content either. "Hey, the weather sucks!" is usually what you'd read. All of which is to say that the main reason that I don't often or always put much thought into posting (on either mine or others' threads) is due to time, and not so much to selfishness or self-centeredness. (Again, I'm not taking a position on my selfishness or lack thereof; I'm simply trying to clarify that the reason I don't contribute is not because of that.)