Old 05-27-2016, 12:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MizFormaldehyde

New and trying to piece things back together...

I have also been using SMART Recovery, while awesome, doesn't have as nearly an active forum for loved ones so I decided to join the discussions here as well.

I am a 24 year FTM who has been with an addict for the entirety of her 20's and things have just gotten so bad lately that this the first time I am actually seeking support.

He is 33 and got into benzos and opiates in his early-20's. He was clean and on Suboxone when we met and wasn't shy about his past. He had a major opiate relapse that turned into IV heroin use in 2014 for which he did about 4 weeks in rehab that Summer. The benzos were always back and forth with varying severity despite him staying away from the other junk. He even was using them again maybe two months out of inpatient treatment.

I honestly feel like we've been in a 2 year slump because of Xanax especially these last few weeks where he started getting hostile with me over setting boundaries and was spending hundreds on pills. Overall, feeling neglected and used. Even when things weren't chaotic, he has just been complacent and unproductive for so long. I know it is depression mixed in,but, you can't get help if you don't try regardless of the issue. He is in his 3rd rehab stint of his adult life as of 2 days ago and I just hope that we find long-term peace.

I know he wants to do better especially for our unborn son who will be making an appearance in just under 3 months. It's a matter of him finally fully dedicating himself to his recovery. He has had the support, but, isn't using it properly. Wish us luck.