Thread: Update #2
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 07:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
mamaof3boyz

Originally Posted by Hechosedrugs View Post
I'm so sorry he's doing this to you.

My husband pulled something similar. When I left, after years of putting up with his addiction and insane behavior, he told the kids I didn't love him anymore. He said if they prayed really hard Mommy and Daddy would get back together. I had filed a restraining order, and he filed a totally bogus one against me as retaliation. But he violated mine repeatedly, telling me he loved me so much and would do anything to make this right. It was so twisted. I had filed for full custody, so he filed for full custody- but even in his custody declaration he said I was a good mom and he was hoping we could work things out. Then he pulled out the big guns- a postnuptial agreement. He paid $800 for a document saying he wouldn't do this or that ever again. So I believed him- sort of. I think I was mostly just exhausted from trying to defend myself against all of his crazy accusations, and like you, I was terrified of 50/50 custody. I'd always told myself my kids were better off with me around than with us being separated, without me there to protect them. So I went back...

...and found out he was worse off than ever. He broke every promise in that postnup, and then some.

It kills me, because looking back, I see that I was really holding all the cards. Though his restraining order was granted, I could have easily shown how crazy he was and that it was really me who needed protection. I would have gotten everything I asked for.

Now I just don't know. I mean, I went back. What does that say? I'm still trying for sole legal and sole physical, but I think I really jeopardized my case.

If I had followed my gut, I know I would have never gone back. Don't let fear do the same to you.

Best of luck.
I don't understand why they (mine and yours) can't go peacefully. Why do they act this way? Why do they want to be with us if they treat us so poorly? I'm so sorry for your situation.