View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 10:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Croutie

A few bumps in the road, but.....

Hi Everyone,
Well, just stretching my arm around really far to give myself a pat on the back. June 1st is a year since I joined SR. I started out as Ringthedoorbell, but as you can see am now Croutie. It has not been a perfect year. I would guess I have consumed maybe 5-6 bottles of wine in total through the year. Compared to often drinking a whole bottle in one evening, I am pretty proud of myself. I think the grief that had a stranglehold on me is easing a little bit. I was in a very sad place, but see the sadness lifting some.
My goal henceforth is no wine. I haven't had any alcohol for quite a while now, and can say I really am not missing it anymore. Hubby is not drinking now due to health issues, so that is a plus.
So for anyone out there trying to quit, I say you can do it. When you slip up, get right back on that sober horse. Don't let it escalate to a full blown problem. Start anew the very next day. I am certainly no expert, but in my experience, not beating myself up for a mistake, and quickly rectifying it by committing myself to not drinking again has worked pretty well. I can't wait to report back next June with one year TOTALLY, COMPLETELY sober. Thanks for reading this y'all. ;-)