View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 04:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Razorblade66

Coming out of my sober closet

Good day to all! I'm starting day 5 today. Going into work later, and tonight my bf is supposed to come home tonight. I've been distant this week. He doesn't know I have made the decision to stop drinking and I joined AA. (2 meetings so far)

Here's the deal. I'm not getting sober to judge others' drinking. BUT for me personally, I feel he drinks a lot. If fact we enable one another. We get smashed together. I'm a binge drinker, not an every day drinker. I binge 1-2 times a week. He binges with me and drinks 3-5 times a week. If he has two beers, it's 9% ers. I'm not trying to make this thread about him, I just want you to understand where I'm coming from.

I'm not asking him to quit drinking, as I know he isn't ready like I am. I'm not sure what to say besides I'm done, I don't want it around me or in the house. I don't know if our relashionship is more than drinking together.

I think I just want to make this journey my own. Thoughts anyone? Financially it would be tough without him, but I really have a bigger chance of relapse with him.

Financial stability and make someone stop drinking around me, (or he would hide it) or just see where the path takes me without him?

Thanks for reading and I am thankful to wake up feeling %100!