View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AdelineRose

I wouldn't consider taking a flower remedy even if you had swallowed it breaking your sobriety. You didn't know it had alcohol, your intent in drinking the flower remedy was not to drink alcohol, and then to top it off you recognized that maybe you did not want to swallow it so you spit it out.

I think you have acted responsible and that this was an innocent mishap where alcohol might have gotten into your mouth but that you didn't even swallow. It is great that you are taking your sobriety so seriously, but I think you are a little paranoid with if using aftershave can threaten your sobriety (now chugging aftershave or mouth wash that is a different story). In the end it is your sobriety and if you feel better not using aftershave then that is a personal choice you can make, but you are doing great so far!

Have you thought about going to some counseling sessions to talk about your fears and concerns? Counseling has always helped me tremendously in my life, especially now that I am sober and truly engaged.