Thread: 5 months sober
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2016, 07:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
James90

5 months sober

First time post and just after a few peoples opinions or experiences.

I have been sober since the start of the year after being in hospital for 3 weeks with liver and kidney issues which turned out to be alcoholic hepatitis due the amount I was consuming, and overtime came to a head, giving me the wake up call I needed. The damage done to my liver is not irreversible but bad to the extent it could take some considerable time to repair it's self and is unlikely to ever return to a 100% perfect state. On advice of my doctor he recommended to avoid alcohol all together, and taking my addiction into account, I more than agreed with him.

After I came out of hospital I was still pretty tender and even small tasks like walking up stairs would totally exhaust me, the thought of having a drink was not really at the front of my mind although the thought was always there. Fast forward 5 months to today I'm still sober but as each day passes now I have noticed the thought of having that drink getting bigger and much more frequent, I feel in control but I'm getting concerned by this thought becoming alot more common. I've been to a fair few meetings and although they do help to an extent there not really for me.

I think I'm just after a bit of support really and just to see my words written down rather hearing than hearing them out loud, so I apologise for the length of my post.

Any replies much appreciated,

J