View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 12:44 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
miamifella

Originally Posted by awuh1 View Post
The word "we" is used in the first step because it's talking about what the first (approximetly) 100 people in AA had done when the book was written. All the steps describe what they did, and suggest you do the same. It's NOT saying we "can't help each other". That's your interpretation. When people say "it's a we program" it's because we do help each other, not because we don't.

The word "we" does not make the step hard. Its the incorrect meaning you take from reading those 13 words that makes it difficult,,,, for you.

AGAIN, why is your experience of AA so different than other peoples experience of it miami? Why?
I have gotten a lot of help from people in AA about buying a car, renting an appartment, looking for work, etc. It is not as if we cannot help each other. But I was always told that it was wrong to give or ask any help that might trigger someone. Or that went against the 1st step as every sponsor has ever interpreted it for me.

A number of people here and elsewhere have said that they had similar experiences to mine and that they were taught the same things.

People have also said that they know of meetings that have the same views as you describe. But when I ask them where so I can go....they never can actually say where these meetings are. No one has ever been able to refer me to a meeting in my area with this softer version of AA. If this type of AA is so universally available, you would think someone would be to point out where to find it. I can list a number of the stricter meetings I have been to.