View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 07:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
sleepie

But what can break our hearts more than anything else is indifference. A state of being in which we truly believe that absolutely no one cares.
Very true. I suffered much of this while also being abused growing up and I don't think I can recover at this point. I would give almost anything for any therapist/counselor/ mate/person who actually understood this.

I am sorry I do not mean to thread hijack I was just taken aback as I have not seen anyone make this observation about children before, in black and white.

Behindblueyes I am glad to see you here, I know you have struggled so much recently. I haven't much to offer but I was thinking what first came to mind was- could you put yourself in her shoes? What would you need/want if you were her in such a situation? And also that it has to be difficult with an autistic child. I met a few while I was a nanny and yes that does seem hard for the child and the parent too. Wonderful kids but challenging.

I am sorry I haven't anything great to offer here but do please stay sober, I know that much is a basic building block to any success with this.