Thread: 22 years old
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 05:22 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
TorchedGrave

So today my team went out together as some sort of group outing to one of those mystery escape room things, with plans to go to a bar/restaurant afterwards. The whole thing was supposed to be some kind of team bonding activity I suppose. I was invited, but didn't go. In hindsight, I think I regret it a little, because I did think that it would be fun. I just thought it'd be awkward for me given that I'm still quite new, and that there'd be a dozen or so people, all of whom likely know each other, and only about 3-4 of whom I actually interact with (professionally, not even socially). I think that, perhaps subconsciously, I'm avoiding getting too close to people given that I don't consider myself as part of the team, and because I genuinely don't know how long I'll be there.

I'm also starting to get bored of work. I feel like I'm at the point where I'm simply going through the motions, which is weird because I'm barely into the learning curve. But it could also be because the past couple of weeks have been pretty slow.