View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 01:49 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by behindblueyes View Post
Yea, I have read "Parenting with love and logic", Dr Phils "Family First", every ADD and parenting book in the library I can get my hands on and I am frustrated. I am really angry now due to the fact that I don't lay a hand on her yet she is angry with me. I had beatings every day (with anything they could grab) and I still never talked the way she does. I graduated with high honors. Makes you wonder. When she goes to her dads, he claims none of this happens there and he and his girlfriend have no problems with her. I still don't think its appropriate for me to bring a man into the house to replace her father with.

Let me also add that she doesn't touch her gaming system unless she has folded the laundry or scrubbed the floor on her hands and knees. When she talks like she did this morning, she gets a plug on it that needs removed with a key.
maybe she doesnt have rules at her dads and doesn tlike the fact that she has to have rules at your place. I'm not sure how to handle that but maybe he hasnt set any boundaries for her so she doesnt like that she suddenly has them?

I think sometimes kids dont realize how bad they could have it. I could take a caming system away and you'd think i beat the boy. Its like geeze wow he's really taking this incredibly hard amazing! when i was a kid a punishment like that woulda meant nothing to me. but my idea of bad was a lot different then his.

Maybe she needs some perspective to realize just how good she has it too. I swear my son sometimes could benefit by working at a soup kitchen or something!