View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 06:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
zjw

its a tough one behindblueeyes I was never like that myself. Oh sure in my head i was thinking lots of things but i woudlnt dare run my mouth like that.

Once in a while one of my kids slips something out like that and I explain to them what would have happened to me as a child if I spoke in such a way to my parents and ask if thats the kind of discipline they think they need? Would they like the day in and day out beatings keeping them in check? My son even replied the one time well if you think it'll work. I was thinking you smart mouth little *(#*(#@@!*$ but I woulda said the same thing when asked that as a child lol. I simply took away his video games.

I've read that find there currency and take it away. In my sons case its his video games. he doesnt care about anything else on this planet but if he messes up i take away the games and he straightens up.

I know others tho with kids where its just problem afte rproblem they keep trying and trying and trying and its not till the kids are adults that they start to get it and even then sometimes they still dont.

Cant just give up ont hem tho they are our kids etc...