Old 07-26-2005, 05:17 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
heyhaze

Richey,
When I wanted information on Meetings, I looked up Alcoholic Annonymous in the phone book. There is a number to call to at least find out where a central building is.

For me, reading your post was a gift for me because I was reminded where I was just 5 weeks ago, and it reinforced my commitment to stay sober. Lately, I have been opening the door just a crack, thinking mabe I would have "just" a couple beers next week when I go on vacation to see some friends that drink. My sick mind was telling me that I can go there and have a few and come home and act like nothing happened! WOW is alcohol ever cunning, baffling all so powerful!! Richey, this morning you helped me shut that door completley, I give myself NO option to drink, because I know I would be right back to struggling, and I want to continue to feel positive today and not be sick. You may have offended a couple of people, but you helped me so thank you Richey and don't quit coming back. I was a member of SR several months before I got sober, so the program must work in the long run for drinkers too!!
Vickie