View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 11:15 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Thirteenth

Keets, you make my struggle seem like a day at Disney World. You’re strength and courage is so incredible. Don’t sell yourself short; don’t take your eye off the ball. You’re amazing.

PR, I feel you. Big time. I’m not necessarily in a spiral but a brutal holding pattern. The spiral awaits me. We can both turn this around. I won’t suggest anything as I’m neither succeeding nor qualified, but I want you to know you’re not alone.

clearlyheaded, I’ve held off on surgery for years. The recovery time and PT is something I’m not ready for. My torn shoulder labrum is manageable for now. I applaud you for doing what you needed to when it became unmanageable. Sometimes the suffering in shorter term is for best in the long run. A lot like sobriety I would think, not that I would know much about that.

Pelagic and Kayak, I hope you’ll stick around. Casey is right that we’re stronger together, even if we just read. I didn’t see anything for either of you to be ashamed of or reason to leave.

immri, Casey, Applekat, MITA, Jemma, Bobbieka, Mish, sam, Lofty, Ladybug and all who I missed, thank you!

This really is a wonderful group that supports one another and doesn’t judge. Learning/Understanding/Accepting that I’m not alone in the struggle and the, for me, constant face plants, means a lot. Perhaps more than you’ll ever know. Or perhaps just like you all already know. I could go on with trying to express my gratitude that you haven’t turned me away during all this. And on and on and on, but this is lengthy enough. And disjointed too.