View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 09:19 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
clearlyheaded

PR - you are in my thoughts. I wish I had wise words. We are hear for you to listen when you need an ear. Big hugs to you.

Casey - Grand Rapids, Michigan is my hometown. Didn't even know we had our own Bozo.

Lofty - I've been in the Chicago area for the last 24 years. Some in the city proper, the rest in the western and far southwest suburbs.

Last night was awful, which made today very hard. I should know from my spinal fusion a year and a half ago that physical recovery is a rocky road full of ups and downs. I was feeling good for a couple of days, even though I have trouble sleeping for more than a few hours at a time. So I was overly optimistic that I was on the upswing. But last night the pain flared up big time. All night. Nothing helped. Not pain meds, or ice. I was so tired I kept nodding off, but would only sleep a few minutes at a time before pain woke me up again. I finally got about two hours of solid sleep before having to get up for the day. I wanted to drink so badly today, but I am still sober. I kept thinking how much worse I'd feel with a hangover. And the danger of mixing meds and alcohol. And the damage I would do if I lost my balance and fell. That cured my craving pretty fast. I'm hoping for a better night tonight. Send sleepy dust my way, please!!