Thread: 22 years old
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 05:19 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
TorchedGrave

Oh man has the weather this week been ******. This entire week has literally been "Mostly cloudy; Rain; Rain; Overcast; Rain," with likely rain tomorrow and Sunday as well. So yes it sucks haha. On the bright side, the forecast for next week, if accurate, is looking quite promising.

Day 102

Have to be honest, today was a pretty good day, good mood, etc.

Anyway, it was quite slow at work this morning, so I started to browse some files on the computer. Pretty much anyone can access another person's files because everything is technically property of the company, so we (within the same team) all have our documents in a shared drive. I stumbled onto this (presumably private) letter a girl had written to her father. (Why she would draft it on the company's computer, knowing full well that it isn't really private, is beyond me. But let's ignore the privacy concerns for the purposes of my point. I know I know, it was wrong to breach another person's privacy, etc.) Anyway, I read the letter, and, without going into much detail, I learned that this girl has a very sad relationship with her family. I really felt quite bad for her. (She's a good writer, too, so that helped). All of this is to say that, if you guys have followed this journal, you'd know that I've often bitched and complained about my living situation here, from the noise, to the stress, and everything in between, but after reading this girl's letter, I began to feel like such a little *****. My "problems," if you could even call them that, are nothing compared to hers. That letter really helped to put things into perspective, and made me much more grateful for what I have. Deep down, I truly am. The hardest thing, though, is remembering it. It's so easy to take things for granted, especially when you get used to things. But I think the reason this really hit me hard is because I realized that it's often not the people whom you'd expect to have baggage. Sure it's easy to point to homeless people and drug addicts and say, "Man they have it bad." But what's sad is that a lot of seemingly normal people, maybe even people that you see everyday, have their own stuff going on. It was really quite sobering.