View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 05:45 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
LoftyIdeals
SoberOutlook

Glad you can stereotype again, clearlyheaded! Get it? I am with MITA on the pain meds. I was on an opiate for years, and for the year of my knee replacement, about the max dose. I think it did permanent damage to my brain. I dont seem to have the capacity for academic learning I had prior to that. In fact, I didnt know I was addicted until my doc gave me my first cortisone shot which relieved the pain by the next day. I didnt take any vicodin that day and went into serious withdrawal. Lesson learned. Glad you passed by the leftver drink, and glad to be able to say congrats on 70!

I can imagine May 5th is an active day in your neck of the woods, Lillian. I've worked there before, and grew up in La Habra. I still miss Cali, but couldn't afford it there now.

I like your tray, Casey. I like stuff like that as well. In fact this is yard sale weekend and my wife tried to put out the Van Gogh prints I bought at the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam twenty years ago. Nice try. I will admit the frames are outdated, but the prints have special meaning. Sunflower and Irises. Also got Starry Night.

Its a beautiful Friday here. I took a half day to help my son move out of his dorm and am loosening up in the hot tub now as I write. Thinking of pitching a tent as my accommodation tonight, and coming back tomorrow. No kayaks for this trip, though.

Speaking of kayak, how are you? I am going to follow your example with my son this summer and look forward to a summer of bonding. We have beginner models so rapids will be out, but floating and camping is not! Any advice for destinations in Kentucky, Indiana, or Ohio is welcome. I used to live on the mighty James, but never kayaked, only canoed.

Day 10, and I will echo Lillians sentiment of joy and serenity. Regardless of our surroundings, we can live our inner peace, only achieved through mindful sobriety.

Hope all have a great day or night!