Old 05-04-2016, 02:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
i totally get your reasoning....but if he turns 18 in November....and school goes thru June (?), will you even get in front of a judge by then????

isn't going to court exactly what the EX wants....? more drama? more of your focus on HIM? more interaction, even tho its negative? and more expenses for YOU?

yes there is "right and wrong" but there is also that precious commodity called Peace of MIND. plus he may just be bluffing.....blustering.....TRYING to get a rise out of you.

don't let him, Liz.
I'm consulting with a lawyer to make sure my son is taken care of by BOTH his parents. I know my ex, I'm sure he's loving this and eating it up, but I want what's best for my son and I can't afford it on my own. I figure a consult with a lawyer or a well written letter from one may help my ex figure out that his bullying needs to stop. I know he won't want to go to court because he's afraid they'll pull up the DUI and use it against him and he hates lawyers in general. I may have to back down, but for now, I'm going to press him and make sure he knows I mean business. We will always be his parents and there's possible college and other expenses coming our way. The sooner I stand up for myself, the sooner MAYBE I can get some respect.