View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 05:49 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

Starting day 52. I could have a deck of cards now with one card for each day of sobriety. Today would be the Ace of Spades.

So I turned off my bedroom lights at 11:59 pm last night, at least an hour and a half earlier than I'd done at any time previously over the last month. Obviously my internal clock needs some more fine tuning as my goal was to wake up at 8:30 this morning yet here I am wide awake at 7:30. That's OK though. It was nice solid sleep.

Off work today. No real plans. I'll probably go to a noon meeting. If not I'll go to an 8 pm meeting. If I do go to the noon meeting, I think I'll eat some Thai food. I may go check out all the thrift stores around town as well. Haven't done that in a while. I love looking through other people's old junk, though all I usually end up buying is books.

Do you say "sorry" or "soary", samantha14? Hope you have nice, easy day at work this morning and that you can get a nice, long nap as soon as you get off work.

That is an awful situation, Jemma44. Sounds like you are doing the right thing for both you and your child by serving that eviction notice. Wish I had some good advice to give but just know you have my sympathy and I will most definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Remember that drinking will only make the situation worse--we're here anytime you need help with that or just need to vent about the whole situation. And I'm glad you have your brother in your life both for the legal advice and support and for the example of sobriety.

Good morning, Fabela. Hope you have a fantastisk day.

Now I'm picturing your Good Humour kid having a thick upstate New York accent for some reason, ManInTheArena.

I was laying in bed last night after I turned the lights out and all of a sudden thought, "Applekat didn't post in the class today. Oh no!" First thing I did this morning before I even opened this thread up was check and see that you had been here already this morning. Always feel free to let us know what's going on with you. All our issues/triggers are important, big or small. Hope you have a nice day!

That's very interesting about your international early childhood, Mish. Thanks for sharing! Hope the joint aches go away with a good night's sleep.

Wow, when you wake up early, these long posts are much shorter. Can I go back to sleep now?

Remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what. Wishing everyone a safe and sober Tuesday.