View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 12:54 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  
Autumnlover19

Hi everyone. I haven't been able to keep up with the thread, but I hope you are all doing ok and those who are struggling can find serenity.

I am having a very hard time. I live with my son's father in an on again/off again relationship. In truth, he is an active addict/alcoholic with lots of anger issues and is verbally and emotionally abusive to me. I have tried many times to break it off. He won't leave. Once when I completely and soberly broke up with him, he caused a lot of drama saying he was going to kill himself and scared lots of people. If I wasn't the main bill-payer and owner of my home, I would have left long ago.

Per the advice of my recovering alcoholic younger brother who is a lawyer, I have issued J a legal eviction notice. He has 30 days to get out or the court will be involved. Of course this has not gone over well and he has been drinking, withholding what he OWES me for rent and bills, and basically raising hell in my home. He has taken 3 weeks off of work to detox himself off opiates. Which idk if he has done or not, but this is his last week off of work.

Last week, I caught him and his ex-wife snorting pills in my basement.

How I will make it through the next 29 days is beyond me. Plus he has so much crap here, I have no clue how he will get it all out in 29 days. I need a roommate ASAP who can help me with bills.

His mom and step-dad are supportive of me but also are enablers to him. I have not told my parents the whole truth but may need to because I may have to ask them if I can stay with them for a bit. I realize I am very lucky to have that option, I am just not sure if I am quite ready to break their hearts yet again with my burdens.

Our son just turned a year old. Please keep me in your prayers and I will keep you posted. I am sober, thank God.