View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 07:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by oldsoul1122 View Post
Hi...I don't know about addicting like heroin or Ativan but as with anything a dependency can be formed by our habitual thinking or by chemicals. For example coffee or cigarettes and when stopped can have uncomfortable side effects. My Dr. gave me Ativan for anxiety and when I read up on it I threw it out. Without the Prozac I have brain zaps, dizziness, manic episodes. Without the Trazodone sleep is difficult. At first 2 whole nights without it. Withdrawals can last awhile. Hope that helps.
When i quit drinking i had brain zaps and it felt like electricity shooting through my arms and spine. I scoured the web looking for advice and tips and all i ever came accross was people who expierenced this after they quit anti-depressents. This was a big determining factor for me to opt against them. I was terrified when I read that it could be a possible side affect come time to get off of them. Some folks just stay on them for life I've read as a result too.

Gotta be careful I think with any of this it is all still chemicals / drugs etc..