View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 03:26 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Just a qualification - I was disappointed in the post, not in you - there's a difference

I knew where the post was coming from Liz - welcome back

D

Originally Posted by Fabela View Post
Hello, my name is Liz and I'm an idiot.

On Saturday I was having a life or death moment, and I acted on it by drinking, having a self pity party of one. Of course that solves nothing, and I lashed out to the people I have come to cherish and love so much. I want to apologize to each and every one of you, but especially to Dee, who was very disappointed in me. I understand that very well, and I am so sorry.

One of the things that has troubled me lately is the fact that some people would call me an alcoholic, and I have struggled with that. I have made excuses, tried to convince myself that I am not, but now I have finally realized that it doesn't really matter what I or anyone else will call me, as long as I make the decision to quit drinking. I managed to get to day 37 before I jumped off the wagon, and even though I still have problems committing to the idea of FOREVER, I have at least given myself three months. I can do that. And when I get to three months, I am pretty sure that I don't want to go back.

Again, I am sorry, and I humbly ask if I can join you again or if I have burned all my bridges?