View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 03:06 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
rah555

Catching up on posts this morning. Day 2 for me. When I read people's posts I can relate. I see so much of myself in the words. This problem we are struggling with is a complicated one. I have been on this site about 2 years I think. I have started and failed too many times to count. I have learned a lot although it has been slow. I envy others who have been able to stop once and for all and succeeded. I realized this weekend several things have to go hand in hand to be successful. Without addressing underlying issues I will not be successful. Drinking and ultimately binge drinking have become somewhat of s habiit for the last 6-7 years. Before that I did not drink for many years. Life changes and difficult hurtful incidences made me want to escape and now it's a habit. Habits can be changed and the hurt inside must be actively acknowledged and addressed. I am going to come up with an action plan. The next step will be following through on the action plan no matter what. The one thing that bothers me is that my husband does not seem to think there is a major problem. He is my partner in crime. I think he knows I have been struggling, have tried and failed many times. It would be easier if he would actively support and help me. On the other hand, perhaps if I can get ahead of this he will come around too. I am so thankful that he and I haven't found ourselves in jail or dead. I don't want to take those chances anymore. The bottom line is right now I need to worry about me, focus on me.