Thread: "Today's Hope"
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
honeypig

May 1

This is posted from the "Today's Hope" site of Alanon.

DAILY SLOGAN/SAYING:
These are the keys to a great life: *Taking oneself lightly, forgiveness, and acceptance.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

DAILY REFLECTION:
Taking Care of Myself

Yesterday I woke up and felt off.

When I go through difficult times, I often put my own emotional and physical needs on the back burner, and though I had been working over the last month to restore balance to my life, I was still in the emotional trenches. *I realized, as I looked in the mirror, that I hadn't been taking care of myself and that my mood was suffering due to this fact. *Thankfully, after years of working on this particular character flaw, I took steps immediately to resolve the problem.

I went back to a healthy diet that very morning. *I exercised that afternoon. *I chose to use opposite action when dealing with difficult people or situations and I spent some time in the evening talking with my sponsor.

I have learned that it is not enough to just work on one aspect of my life when I have allowed myself to get physically and emotionally worn down. *By taking care of myself, mind and body, I present my best self to the world and find stability once again. *I feel a rise in my self-esteem, a positive change in my attitude, and a better outlook on my life.

Dear God, help me to put first things first. Help me to keep my emotional and physical house in order so that I can be the best that I can be during trying times.

Daily share from the forum can be found here: Today's Sharing - Today's Hope