Thread: Is it wrong?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 02:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

Nothing wrong at all, but please beware that although your log-in is anonymous, ANYTHING you put on the internet is there forever and always and can always be traced back to you. There was someone here who went off his rocker a few months ago about emails being sent from SR to his work email and threatening to sue for who knows what.
Be aware that while you can sign up under an anonymous name, using a false email it comes down to you the user to protect yourself at the level you see fit. The website and mods have no obligation to help you in this. He was the guy who signed up under his work email and then got bent out of shape when he didn't take time to understand and utilise the back office- notifications, opt out, etc.

I initially was quite closed with that I shared knowing this. But as time has gone on I have become more open as the act of sharing has proven to be beneficial to me. There are times that I have questioned or regretted what I have written out and wished I could take it back, but at the the end of the day it is there. I think someone would really have to be searching for me to find it though. That said, the pieces, for anyone interested or bored enough, could easily be put together and I think someone could "find me" in an hour of internet searching, if not less- same be said for you or others who share details of their lives that are less vague.

For example BeccyBean states that she is general or vague on here and I think that describes her usage very well. I think someone would have a a hard time pinpointing her on a map or other social media. She shares, but leaves out the details. It is great she has a sponsor that she can reach out to when she needs to get more specific and doesn't want to put it on the internet.

I think the site is great for both types of users, it just depends on what you are personally comfortable with. May main point was to not mistake anonymity for digital invisibility.