View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 08:53 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
LillianGish
Velveteen Rabbit

Hi everyone!
Tomorrow will be 30 days sober for me and I have to say....I could not be happier with my decision. I took charge of my life...no one and nothing else is to blame for my drinking. My finger points at no one except Lillian in the mirror. She's the gal that lifts the glass to my lips.

And it's funny but when I accepted that responsibility....everything became clear to me.

Dee was so right - as long as I looked at drinking as something to miss, I would not make it.

I don't miss the hangovers, the lack of sleep, the embarrassing drunken behavior, driving under the influence, not eating well, forgetting entire conversations, spending hundreds of dollars on my addiction, the guilt of drinking in front of my daughters, etc. I used to share a bottle of wine with my husband and it usually ended up in a drunken argument or I just plumb forgot what we talked about before I passed out.

I was slowly killing myself and now...I feel free. Every day is getting better and better. I really hope this feeling lasts.

Here endeth Lillian's State of the Union address. Sorry for the rant.