View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  
samantha14

Wow - there has been so much pain, suffering and heartache here today....I am sorry for that

All I can say to Kiki and Fabela echos what everyone else has said - do what you need to do for you.... The terms recovery and the phrase "one day at a time" does not only relate to alcoholics.....there is no one way to do this and part of the journey I think is figuring out what path will lead to your own personal healing. Be gentle with yourselves, stay sober....and come back whenever you want

1stepup - your day sounds like a little slice of heaven I try to find tiny moments like that throughout the day when I can just remind myself that I would not be experiencing them if I were drunk or drinking....

Purplrks, Bobbie and Casey - Congrats!!

Forabetterlife and Applekat - vacation sounds amazing!! I hope you both enjoy!! When my kids were little and we were a week or two away from holidays we would make a paper chain with the number of links representing the number of days and each night we would tear one off....maybe I should make one and instead add a link for every day I am sober....lol

Immri - so glad you're starting to feel better!

My day was completely uneventful and uninteresting (which doesn't happen very often) - I found this computer game called Stardew Valley and I am completely loving it....lol So, I ate and drank poorly (meaning ice cream and pop) and I played this game....ALL DAY!! Lol I should also say that I don't eat a ton of ice cream but this one DH brought home and it was called Superdelicious (yes that was really the name of it) - strawberry, banana and blueberry - AMAZING!! I ate two bowls!

Tomorrow I may try going to church - I am not really a believer but I am looking for something to believe in so.....who knows.....

Well I may linger here for a bit - feeling a little triggered by some of the discussion so I could use the company (no one's fault but I am glad I am recognizing it)....sorry for being so long-winded