Thread: 22 years old
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 09:30 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  
thomas11

Originally Posted by TorchedGrave View Post
True.

But I definitely think that it's a weird time to be 22 in this day and age. Before, you'd be expected to have been a soldier, and married with kids by that time. Now, all you hear is how "millennials" are growing up late, opting out of marriage, having kids later, and are still living in their parents' basements. Different times, no doubt, but I don't let it bother me. I consider myself an adult in the ways that count. I can take care of myself, which sadly is more than I can say for a lot of people these days.
Its interesting you brought this up. I do not have kids, but I read how times have changed. And they always will. My parents generation was different from my generation, which is different from your generation. Now whether it is better or worse, that is for the individual to decide. Were you born and raised here in the US? I see kids here in the midwest not leaving the best until much later in life. I didn't move out until I was 19, but there are kids in this neighborhood who have worked for me, who still live at home at 25-27 years old. The culture has changed.