View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 09:52 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
CaseyW
Re-Member

It's day 48 for me. Already been up for a couple of hours. Had to run a couple of (semi) early morning errands.

Work tonight. Nothing much else on the agenda for now.

I thought our winds were bad here, Fabela, but I don't think they're strong enough to lift a trampoline most of the time. Though I guess that'd be possible in a tornado here. Do they have tornadoes in Norway? Stay safe, stay sober, stay strong.

You're tougher than me. I'd need like a week's vacation after getting a wisdom tooth removed, samantha14. Wishing you the best today...(EDIT: And now one page later, I see that you got the night off. Get some rest, enjoy your weekend, remember to stick close to here. You can do this!)

I never realized that there was an ACTUAL bank holiday. I thought it was just an expression, 1stepup. Not only does SR save my life, it's also educational sometimes. Enjoy your time with your kiddos!

You promise to behave, Mish? Don't make promises you can't keep. Hope you had a wonderful day. Talk to you in your morning.

Good morning, Bobbieka. Hope your busy day goes well!

Have your ears ever rung before like this, LoftyIdeals? Do you think it's related to withdrawals from alcohol or something else? Hope it stops soon.

Kayak63sc, that's an awesome picture but I've got to say it doesn't look like fun at all. Looks very scary. I like my river adventures to be slow moving. I'm a wuss in that regard. Glad to hear you've got some friends involved in your sober plans. Enjoy your weekend kayaking with your kids!

Glad you've got some help coming for the weekend, clearlyheaded. We can't help with the arm, but don't forget we're here to help with your sobriety. You're still in my thoughts...thanks for checking in.

Hope you wake up feeling better, immri.

Congrats on two months today, Applekat! Instead of wine with your pizza, indulge in one of those ice cold Coca Colas from Mexico--the ones in the glass bottles made with real sugar. Those are so delicious. Mmm, now I want one...

Have a wonderful day 4, Missy7. Sounds like you've got a solid plan for the day. Remember we're here 24/7 if you need us.

So glad you checked in today, ladyboo. Hope your day is going well.

Good on you for going back to AA, KiKi0615. Your sponsor sounds like a wonderful woman from everything you've said about her in the past. Enjoy your carryout treat and have a wonderful day!

LoftyIdeals, my part of Texas is the opposite of flooded. Thanks for thinking of me though. Have a wonderful and sober Friday! And I would also root for either of those teams over the yucky Cardinals.

You are absolutely not alone, rah555. And you not only have us here in the Class of March 2016, we've all got the thousands of folks here at SR who are living a good life of longterm sobriety today behind us. Stick close--we'll help you, you help us. There's a miraculous amount of power in the simple act of one addict helping another. (And just saw your next post re: your husband. I know it's easy for me to say from the sidelines but your sobriety really is not tied to his. Do the right things for yourself, maybe someday he'll want to follow. There are many people here on SR (and I've also seen it many times in AA) with good longterm sobriety who have spouses who are still very active drinkers/alcoholics. Their drinking is not your drinking.)

If you haven't checked in today, please do so soon! We're stronger together.

Going to go grab some lunch now. Wishing everyone a safe and sober Friday. Remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what!