View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
ManInTheArena

Samantha, stay with it - you can make it!

Immri, hope you are feeling better.

Casey and Lillian - I never got into that video game stuff, and my kids never did either, which I'm pretty happy about. They both like to read quite a bit, and there's plenty of free books at the library!!

The last few days have been interesting. Went to a concert the other night (I bought the tickets months ago, when I was still drinking - as a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure I was drunk when I bought them!). They serve beer and wine at the concert venue, but I managed to avoid drinking - it was more of a test than I really wanted at this point. Concerts and partying go hand-in-hand. The guys next to me were getting high. They offered me some, but fortunately I'm not really into the weed thing. Still, the smell of it made the whole scene more "party like". I really enjoyed the show, but I was relieved when it was over.

Tonight, we had a send-off for one of my co-workers whose last day is tomorrow. We had it at Buffalo Wild Wings, also not one of my favorite places - nothing but beer, wings and loud televisions. The waitress actually gave me a little bit of a hard time for ordering a club soda. Anyway, I stayed only for as long as I felt I had to. Glad to be out of there, too.

I need a few days or maybe weeks away from anything even close to things like that now. Hopefully getting some good sleep tonight and then some boring and uneventful days.