Old 04-24-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
CeeFarro

Day 23. Welcome to all of the new people! Glad you are here!

I've been home from Oregon since Wednesday night and have been soooo tired. I've checked in on the 24 hour thread but have missed you guys. Getting caught up now.

My trip was great. I stuck by my friend who I was staying with like glue. She has been sober 10 years and very supportive. The last day I was there I was supposed to go out to lunch with my sister before she went to work. She showed up hung over and almost unrecognizable. She told me on the phone that since my dad died she has been drinking a lot..but I had no idea. It was heart breaking and I am very worried about her. She ended up calling in sick for work and layed on the couch for 3 hours because she had too much anxiety to drive home. I automatically switched into codependent care taker mode and it just drained me. I also could empathize with her because I have been there...many times.

Glad to be home and getting caught up on rest and quiet. Going from not seeing a single person out here and only the sound of the river to people everywhere was a little overwhelming..

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. And remember..don't drink. No matter what.