View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 05:13 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
SolidKarma

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm glad you called your sponsor...that was a really risky situation SK.

do you have any plans to beef up your recovery plan now?

D
Hi Dee,

Yes I have been putting together a new plan since last night. It all has to do with my situation with my sponsor, and my other issues. But things are coming full circle and i'm processing some very key realizations.

Originally Posted by Beccybean View Post
Well done for spotting what was happening and following your plan through by contacting yiur sponsor and letting him help you climb out of the vortex.

Never mind that can. Just that sip was enough to topple you into the dangerous waters. That numb feeling sounds to me like your AV was in the drivers seat. And I remember that feeling. Almost like being a bit drunk before I'd even had the first drink of the evening. Like being a the top of a roller coaster in free fall.

Scary stuff. So glad you're still with us. Stay close.
Thank you very much Beccy. I'm so thankful today that I didn't drink anything more than that one sip, and I'm thankful it was so small I didn't feel any effect. It was the AV for sure.

Originally Posted by fantail View Post
Oh wow, what a story, SolidKarma. I've had that relapse before. Maybe not the exact details, but emotionally I've been through those same steps. As I was reading I was in so much suspense. It brought it back so vividly, the autopilot, the weird conversations with the self.

I am so happy for you. You did so well. You had a support network and you used it. Good job.
Thank you tail! I'm happy to have come out on top of this one. Building arsenol to fight future battles!