Old 04-19-2016, 07:05 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  
Tati

Originally Posted by suzie89 View Post
Tati, I know you say you had blah day today, but you sound more upbeat to me. Look forward to the links. I hope you rest well today
. I for one, am completely exhausted. Long day with work meetings literally straight through from 8 am to 5 pm, then rushing off to get one kid to soccer practice that was farther away from home than normal due to wet fields here. But on the positive side , my 8 year old son came with and he and I had a nice dinner date at a great little Greek hole in the wall restaurant while my daughter was at practice. Just got home and going to take the dog for quick walk before I call it a night. I didn't sleep well last night. A little wired from my first AA meeting. Got up early (4 am ) to get caught up on some work, but ended up mostly using the time to read instead. Now I feel like getting a cold--headache and achy. I think I'm just beat. Even on good nights I never get enough sleep. Cravings hit a bit along with crankiness around 5 pm, but felt better after I ate. A nice lady from AA texted to check in on me. Really wanted to try another meeting today but didn't work out with schedule. Hoping to go to 7 am meeting thurs because looks like another impossible schedule tomorrow. I'm feeling strong for the most part, but feel like I can't let guard down at all. Doesn't take long for mind to wander back to thoughts of drinking.
Stay strong everyone. Day 12 tomorrow for me. So thankful to be here.
I'm kinda faking it tbh lmao. You know that whole fake it to you make it philosophy. I'm Just trying to have a different outlook this time around. I always looked at quitting alcohol as losing a "friend" or my only "Joy" in life. I never looked at the POSITIVES of quitting. This time around i'm looking at it like i'm GAINING something by quitting.

I'm sorry you had such an exhausting day. I hope you get better rest tonight. It's so frustrating not being able to sleep. I can completely relate *Hugs*. And definitely check out the links!