Thread: My story.
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 07:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
RDBplus3

Hello Fancave,
A suggestion that helped me ...
Do a Web Search for Recovery Speaker messages. There are many out there, and most are free. Especially look for messages based on the 12 Steps, and start with Step 1 messages and continue thru Step 12. Listen to a few different messages on each Step.

Another excellent set of Recovery messages is the Joe & Charlie Big Book study. It is a collection of messages, in order, and is available thru this link. You can listen thru your computer, or download and place on a USB Flash Drive or Burn to CD's.
Click the link, it is Free:
Joe & Charlie Big Book Study

It was a lot of dedicated work for me to get FREE, and to stay FREE, and it is SO worth it. Also ... KEEP DOING THE WORK, EVEN IF YOU CANNOT STOP DRINKING ... KEEP DOING THE WORK. It is like a balance scale - right now the balance scale is weighted down with Mt Everest size obsessions and cravings to drink. By continuing to DO THE WORK I kept tossing spoonfuls, then shovelfuls, then Backhoe scoops-full, of offsetting weight onto the Recovery side of the Scale. NEVER GIVE UP, even if still in active drinking, the Scales WILL tip, and a glimpse will appear of the MIRACLE of Sobriety and FREEDOM, and it will continue by continually DOING THE WORK ... and the Prayers, and the quiet-mind Meditation.

Another excellent web link for a Step-guided short Meditation. Click the link below .. go to Juanita U, A Guided Meditation from Steps 10 & 11 .. click Download:
Stories of Recovery

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE ... and I KNOW U can B 2