Old 04-16-2016, 01:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
vulturine

I don't know what is HALT. I haven't felt like interacting with anyone for a while. Cut off my friends for a while, stopped attending events. I just want more time to myself.

Addiction is a very lonely place, but I've been a loner for most of my life, so this place is familiar to me, even without addiction. Adam's mom couldn't fathom that there were things about her son that she didn't know. What's the truth? Is an addict going to share their experiences with a fellow addict/depressed person, or the lady who takes him out for American-Italian food on Sundays? I don't want to take away her belief that her son was stronger than his addiction, and that his love for his mother would overcome his depression, however she will find out when the coroner's report does come back, and when she finds the 10 bottles of vodka hidden behind the furnace in the basement.

I don't believe that guilt is a major motivating factor to stop. I'm an only child too, but I've been self-destructing since I was 12, and my mom has even said that if she knew how difficult life would have been for me, she'd never have had me. I don't think any of this was my fault.