View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 11:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Hi BethinAR. I'm from the other side and my DOC is alcohol, not meth. But what I'm going to tell you, that doesn't make any difference. His comments about rehab is total BS. I went to rehab and there were no drugs, I didn't get beat up, and I didn't get raped. That sounds more like jail to me which is were he might end up. But from his comments I can tell he doesn't want to get any better. And until he wants to quit using you're seeing the best it's going to be. It'll only get worse.

There's nothing you can do to make him want to quit using. That has to come from within him. If I were in your shoes I'd do everything I could to protect my children and myself. If that means leaving him then as hard as that seems right now I'd do it.

Anyone who really wants to get better would jump at the chance of rehab. All the words you hear from him without him taking any action is just manipulation to make his life easier. In the depth of his soul he may know what is the right thing to do. But until he wants to quit more than he wants to use nothing will change. And he might never get there.