Old 04-14-2016, 12:55 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Dropsie

Sleeps,

So that is another person you inspired to sign up.....

I can only echo what others have said, give your boyfriend the option of loving you if you love him. For you to decide that he is not allowed to love you because of your perceived defects seems unfair to both of you.

About the testing, don't forget that knowledge can also be a good thing. And that is what the tests will hopefully give you -- more knowledge. I just had my daughter and I tested for ADD with a great doctor and the answer was yes, and not just a little bit. Was that what I wanted to hear -- not at all, but knowing more can help us manage better. We can still decide how or if to treat but we know.

Two of my friends have grown children with NVLD, if that is confirmed, and they have learned a lot that have helped them cope with the challenges.

Mainly just remember we love you, and try a little of that on yourself just like you are -- a fighter, a creator, and a helper (and the list goes on)... You have survived more than anyone should have to, but the operative word is survived.